Municipalities, groups announce hours of sweets, activities | News, Sports, Jobs
LOCK HAVEN – Kids can taste the candy.
Halloween is just a few days away and many local organizations are planning to celebrate the holiday.
The following list shows treat times for various municipalities, trunk or treats organized by local groups and much more:
– 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. in Wayne Township
– 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. in the Avis borough
– 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. in Greene Township
– 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. in Logan Township
– 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. in the district of Loganton
– 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. in the township of Pine Creek
– 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. in Porter Township. Participating homes will have their porch lights on.
– 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. in the Township of Walker
– 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. in Bald Eagle Township
– 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. in the borough of Beech Creek
– 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. in the Bellefonte borough
– 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. in the canton of Benner
– 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. in the canton of Castanea
– 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. in Chapman Township
– 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Flemington Borough
– 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. in Gallagher Township
– 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Howard Borough
– 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. in the Jersey Shore borough
– 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. in the canton of Lamar. Participating homes will have their porch lights on.
– 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Lock Haven
– 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. in the district of Mill Hall
– 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. in Porter Township
– 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. in the district of Renovo
– 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. in the district of Renovo Sud
– 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. in Spring Township
– 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. in the Township of Woodward
TRUNK OR TREAT
– 5 p.m. to 7 p.m., Friday, October 29 Salvation Army parking lot. Open to the community. Come dressed in your best Halloween costumes.
– 1 p.m. to 3 p.m., Saturday, October 30, Big Woods Bible Church, 241 S. Hanna St., Lock Haven.
– 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., Saturday, October 30, Gallagher Township, 11837 Coudersport Pike, Lock Haven.
– 2 p.m. to 4 p.m., Saturday, October 30, Pine Creek Valley Christian Church, 26 Locomo Lane, Jersey Shore.
– 1 p.m. to 4 p.m., Saturday, October 30, parking lot at the Quality Inn of Lamar, 31 Hospitality Lane, Mill Hall.
– 5 p.m., Saturday, October 30, Wayne Township Natural Park. If you want to bring your trunk, you can do so.
– 4 p.m. to 7 p.m., Fall Festival and Trunk or Treat, First Church of Christ, corner of Water and Vesper streets, Lock Haven.
– 5 p.m. to 7 p.m., Sunday, October 31, Beech Creek Wesleyan Church, 217 Main Street, Beech Creek.
– 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., Dunnstown Fire Company, 119 Woodward Ave.
– 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., Sunday, October 31, Mill Hall Fire Hall, 9 E. Peale Ave., Mill Hall.
– 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., Sunday, October 31 Woolrich Community Church parking lot, 1080 Park Ave., Woolrich.
The Wayne Township Nature Park Halloween Trail is ready for spectators. You can walk the path at your leisure and enjoy the scenes.
– The Lock Haven Fire Department will be holding its annual Halloween Parade at 10 a.m. on Saturday, October 30 along Main Street. Come in costume and join the parade or from the sidewalks. Refreshments and awards will follow the parade behind the Hope Hose Fire Company on East Church Street. A live broadcast on WSQV Radio with Mark the Shark will run until noon. More than 25 participating downtown stores will offer “Shop or treat yourself” shopping and treats for children after the parade.
– The Castanea Recreation Committee and the Castanea Volunteer Fire Company will be hosting a parade and Halloween party on Sunday October 31. The parade will begin at 3 p.m. on Brown Street and will travel to McElhattan Avenue and end at the Castanea Fire Hall. A Halloween party for the kids will take place at the fire station and feature a magic show by Richard Benninghoff, snacks and refreshments. Floats, clubs, vehicles and costumed participants of all ages are welcome to participate in the parade.
– The Talleyrand Fall Fest and the Halloween parade will be held on Saturday, October 30 at 11 a.m. at Talleyrand Park in Bellefonte. The Fall Fest is sponsored by Rotary de Bellefonte and will have something for everyone – kids and adults. The Fall Fest runs from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
AUTUMN DAY CARNIVAL
– Echo Hope Assembly, 320 Hogan Blvd., Mill Hall will host a Fall Carnival from 12 p.m. to 3 p.m. Everyone is welcome to enjoy the carnival and wear their best costume.
– The 5K Tour or Trot will be held at the YMCA Bellefonte, 125 W. High St., in Bellefonte starting at 9 am on Saturday October 30th. The third annual 5K Tour or Trot will take place in downtown Bellefonte. Race participants will receive a complimentary Big Spring Spirits t-shirt and cocktail (for ages 21 and over) after the race. The race begins along West High St. Prizes will be awarded for the most original costume, the best group costume and the best individual costume.
For more information on the race, including registration fees, visit www.ymcaofcentrecounty.org/locations/bellefonte-branch.